Fly




Hello my loyal readers. As most of you know, I recently went on "vacation" to Orlando, Florida-to visit Mickey and Mini at Disneyland...(Shut up, I know I'm a big kid! It was mad fun though; I thoroughly believe that if you have not visited Disneyland you should!! Lol Anyways.....) Usually, my favourite part of the vacation is getting there; however, Airtran made that impossible for me to enjoy.
Let me just tell you about my experience with this airline......

When we were first getting ready to leave Buffalo Airport the flight was delayed two hours. If one of my boys hadn't called and checked for me, I would never have known. Luckily for us, their mess up was our gift because we were late and would have missed that flight. Okay, cool. The flight is delayed, no problem, it happens right? No biggie. But because that flight was delayed, our connecting flight was no longer connected because we would not make it at the time it would be ready to depart. I assume that the airline thought they were doing us a favour by putting us on an earlier flight that connects to Orlando. Unfortunately they forgot about our luggage. As we approached Orlando Florida, our bags and whatnots were chillin in ATL. Not doing us any good seeing as though it was about 12:15 am, we were jet lagged, hungry and had no clothes. You see, my momma always told me to put an extra change of clothes and panties in my carry-on just in case the airline lost our luggage. I always told her they're not going to lose it and that she needs to stop being so paro. Obviously Airtran proved me wrong. This just happened to be the time that I took her "foolish advice" (as she puts it) and carried an extra pair in my bag. We basically had to fight the stinkin airline to send our baggage to the resort so we could get there before we lost our room too. SUPERSTARR (that's me) IS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Okay, so fast forward thru the good, fun parts...cuz no one wants to hear about that.... Plus, it was mad cold.

I finished packing late last night; early this morning at around 1:30am I felt happy because that meant I would get to have a nice long hot shower in my own bathroom and sleep in my own comfortable bed when I get home in a few hours. In contrast I felt kinda sad because now I must return to reality and continue with my routine life as a full time student with a j-o-b. Keep in mind that I have an exam at 12pm the following day. I then have my nightly shower and finally get to bed around 2am... I have to be up by 3am in order to be in the lobby so we can catch the cab we called in advance by 4am in order to catch our flight to ATL at 6am. That means I get 1 hour of sleep and plenty of running around and lots of heavy lifting of bags. "Today is another day" I think to myself as I'm getting out of bed. "I have an idea what to expect today, I just hope that my expectations for today are part of God's plan." They were not. The elevator gets stuck with five suitcases surrounding me. That was only for about two minutes. "Soft, I'm going home to sleep in my bed after a nice hot shower. I'll be there soon." I kept repeating that to myself so I would have something to look forward to. WRONG AGAIN SUPERSTARR. Even though we had called in advance, some random guy decided that we wanted a ride with us but his flight left half an hour earlier. The driver decided that his flight was priority and left my family and I outside the hotel: luggage and child in hand....Okay, now someone is playing a joke cuz this many things can't go wrong in just one week...I'm just waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me that I've been punkd..If he doesn't then what in the world is going on??? No fret, we get another cab within a matter of minutes after raising hell in the lobby. At the hotel now, three out of the four suitcases were overweight. (Not mine of course cuz I packed smart and put half of my belongings in my carry on *puts cool shades on*). Cool. Everything else seems to be going according to plan. Child is awake and waking for a change, baggage is checked, no problems with security, flight boarded on time, little to no turbulence during flight...AND THEN.

We reach ATL to get our connecting flight to Buffalo and low and behold there was a problem!! I knew it was too good to be true!! Airtran over booked. OVER over booked. There were about ten people that were denied entry to the plane. Not including the four of us. I'm not a numbers person, but that means about 14 people that could not board the plane. I'm now STUCK in ATL with limited funds because we still need to pay for parking in Buffalo. It's not even like we're here for an hour or two or even three. We have to be here for at least 12 freakin hours. Needless to say we are all irate-my mommy included. Which is interesting cuz she's the one that tells me that I'm gonna raise my blood pressure if I get angry to quick. . We are not even guaranteed a seat on the next flight! We're on standby! By the grace of God, some people did not make the flight at 4pm and the 14 people made it on that flight. Airtran gave us each two roundtrip tickets to anywhere they fly, 25% our next purchase with them as well as money to get some food. They better have!! My advice is: if you plan on travelling with Airtran, make sure it is NOT a connecting flight. Trust me. You’ll appreciate my opinion later.


Other than this inconvenient airline full of incompetent employees messing up my journey, my trip was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment